About the role
As a Pharmacist Store Manager with us you’ll be combining your excellent customer and patient care with leading, coaching, and developing a team. Your main areas of responsibility will be:
- You’ll lead the sales and performance of your store, whilst keeping our customers close to heart.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building the capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
What you’ll need to have
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help us change for the better. In addition you will:
- The ability to coach and develop individuals and teams.
- A strong understanding of how to lead and deliver a company strategy, with the ability to implement in store to drive strong performance results
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Be a great communicator; able to put people at ease and effectively meet the varied needs of our customers and patients
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Reimbursement of GPHC/GOC fees in full
- Contribution toward RPS fees
- Professional indemnity insurance with the option of selecting further free cover if you also work in Primary Care settings up to 3 days per week (subject to terms).
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If successful on application, a member of the recruitment team will be in touch to find a time to discuss your application.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You will complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will be asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions