THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR ROLE
Exceptional patient-centred care is at the heart of everything we do, and the Hospital Procurement Specialist role is key to delivering exceptional, life changing patient care, through the pharmacy team ensuring management and availability of stock.
To provide fantastic patient care as a Hospital Procurement Specialist you will be a key member of the Boots Hospital Pharmacy team, supporting the overall operation by ensuring the right products are ordered at the right price, in line with the NHS Hospital drug formulary.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
It’s all about working with the NHS hospital trust and procurement team to deliver an outstanding outpatient dispensing service.
- You will be responsible for effective medicines management, reducing waste and minimising stock loss.
- Delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
- Responsible for ensuring that stock is sourced from the appropriate list of suppliers at the expected price; contract and non-contract.
- Managing the ordering and receiving of stock, including alternative suppliers where a product is unavailable.
- Responsible for daily stock counts and system maintenance.
- You need to have completed a Medicines Counter Assistant (NVQ2) qualification or equivalent. However, if you have not previously completed this, we’ll support your development to complete our training within 6 months of joining us.
- Have great attention to detail, and a concern for order and quality.
- Good organisational and communication skills are essential.
- Be confident in using a variety of software systems / IT skills .
- Previously managed or supervised a team
- Experience of working in a pharmacy environment
- flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including discounted gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only).
- Generous employee discounts plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, Click here .
If your application is successful you will be invited to a competency-based interview.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions