Closing date: Thursday 29th February
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the most respected and dynamic teams in the industry, leading the thinking on professional services procurement strategy and making a real difference to the organisation and our customers. As a Category Manager for Professional Services, you will report into the Category Director for Professional Services and International and be part of a team managing a spend of c£200m across a variety of categories including; audit, consultancy, HR, travel, training, R&D, contingent labour, outsourcing and data.
In this role, you will take a lead role in the delivery of key projects, initiatives and contract management, across various parts of the Boots’ business including; retail, pharmacy, and opticians’ (and in some cases supporting Walgreens Boots Alliance’s other international businesses), as well as corporate/head office requirements.
You will provide commercial leadership to stakeholders up to senior group executives; interfacing, challenging, developing, and nurturing an effective/balanced relationship. You will work with a range of stakeholders across the group, drawing on your own and the collective procurement team’s capability in leveraging these relationships. Ultimately, ensuring you deliver the best possible value for Walgreens Boots Alliance from third-party relationships through:
- Leading the development, implementation, and ongoing management of procurement category strategies to deliver current and future value
- Providing thought & commercial leadership to stakeholders including senior group executives
- Working cross functionally with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier) at all levels to develop strategy and implementation.
- Delivering creative commercial outcomes and lead supplier negotiations
- Project managing and coordinating procurement/GNFR work streams within the professional services category
- Working within cross functional teams to ensure ongoing management of existing supplier contracts and relationships.
- Ensuring timely delivery of objectives and targets, ensuring all necessary processes, including formal approvals are completed
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you’ll need to have
- Be commercially astute with strong negotiation skills and can apply a variety of commercial approaches to deliver value to the business
- Experience of end-to-end category management and procurement processes
- You will have in-depth professional services procurement knowledge
- Able to operate collaboratively within a complex environment
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Experience delivering at pace whilst working on a wide range procurement projects
It would be great if you also have
- Industry knowledge and category insights to provide knowledge-based challenge to stakeholders across the business
- Experience of procuring HR or consultancy services although other relevant category experience considered
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions