Joining us as a Customer Assistant is a great opportunity, whether it’s your first job and you’re looking to gain some valuable experience, or you have experience with retail and you’re looking for a new challenge, this is the start of a new career with us.
About the role
You will work onsite and report into the Assistant or Store Manager and your role could be to help on the tills, advise our customers, or work in our back shop. You will also:
- Help our customers and put them at ease; whether that’s listening to find out more about them, answering questions and giving great advice on our fantastic products, recommending items they hadn’t considered or simply offering a basket - it's the little things that make a difference
- Get to know our in-store offers and schemes and promote them - the more info we can give our customers be better.
- Help our stores run smoothly - this could look like ensuring we have the right products displayed on the shop floor, providing a great service on our tills, or helping with our stock in in the stock rooms
- Work with other members in the team to provide a great shopping experience, ensuring the store is always clean and presentable to provide a store everyone can be proud of
What you’ll need to have
Full training is provided for this role, and we are looking for people who:
- Excel in a varied environment, working at pace
- Communicate and listen effectively
- Enjoy working as part of a team, promoting a collaborative team dynamic
- Know that the little things make the biggest difference for customer interactions
- Desire to be a proud brand ambassador for Boots and help our customers find the best products for them
- It would be great if you also have
- Experience providing customer care and delivering great customer service but this is not essential.
- Pension membership (PRSA)
- Partial paid maternity leave
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including: health insurance, dental insurance, life assurance, holiday buying and much more.
Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care about changing things for the better. You'll join a company that is evolving and always looking to improve.
We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an in-store interview within the next 14 days.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours.
If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions