You will operate as part of our independent and objective team to provide assurance to the WBA Board, Audit Committee and other key stakeholders on the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls, and make recommendations to support their improvement.
The role of Auditor exists to deliver assigned scope areas of audits from the Audit Plan to time, cost and quality. Audits typically review a specific business area, function or program and normally cover governance, financial, operational and IT processes and controls.
You will work in our International Segment. This covers a diverse range of WBA’s businesses and activities including Boots businesses in the UK, Thailand and franchises, the No7 Beauty Company and the German pharmaceutical wholesale activities.
The role requires you to have knowledge and practical experience of Internal Audit, governance, risk and control.
The Responsibilities of the Auditor role include:
• Completing assigned audit activities to time and quality under the direction of team members, and in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology. The Auditor will be involved in all stages of the audit lifecycle, being: Planning; Fieldwork; Reporting and Follow Up.
• Utilising a range of audit techniques including data analysis tools and procedures; adapting approaches to test processes effectively and efficiency.
• Support the drafting of succinct, clear and balanced audit findings for inclusion in the fieldwork update meeting slides and reports.
• Supporting the tracking of the completion of actions required to rectify audit issues identified in the audit reports, escalating overdues.
• Working on audits across WBA spanning a number of countries, requiring business knowledge, networking and relationship building skills, as well as the ability to recognise and adapt to different cultures and ways of working.
What you'll need to have:
• Accounting Professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CIMA, ACCA, MBA, CMIIA or equivalent) or formal qualification in Internal Audit (CIA)
• Technical knowledge of internal audit practice, governance, risk management and internal control with relevant practical experience.
• Strong academic qualifications including a bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate and/or summarise technical issues.
• Naturally inquisitive, self-motivated with high attention to detail.
• Ability to operate in a team, demonstrating adaptability to ensure successful delivery of team and personal objectives.
It would be great if you also have:
• Basic experience of advanced audit techniques including programme assurance, contract risk, data analytics and risk/control advisory.
• Basic knowledge of financial reporting standards (US GAAP, IFRS), Sarbanes Oxley type compliance programmes; auditing large programmes and knowledge of programme governance frameworks (PRINCE2, Agile, MSP) is highly desirable.
• Project management and organizational skills.
• Auditing core IT General Controls.
• Building relationships and managing stakeholders.
• Experience of working internationally including across cultures.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Competitive Holiday Allowance
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria and outdoor seating spaces
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is an integrated pharmacy, healthcare and retail leader serving millions of customers and patients every day, with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities.
A trusted, global innovator in retail pharmacy with approximately 13,000 locations across the U.S., Europe and Latin America, WBA plays a critical role in the healthcare ecosystem. The company is reimagining local healthcare and well-being for all as part of its purpose – to create more joyful lives through better health. Through dispensing medicines, improving access to a wide range of health services, providing high quality health and beauty products and offering anytime, anywhere convenience across its digital platforms, WBA is shaping the future of healthcare.
WBA has more than 315,000 team members and a presence in nine countries through its portfolio of consumer brands: Walgreens, Boots, Duane Reade, the No7 Beauty Company, Benavides in Mexico and Ahumada in Chile. Additionally, WBA has a portfolio of healthcare-focused investments located in several countries, including China and the U.S.
The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA has been recognized for its commitment to operating sustainably: it is an index component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) and was named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2021.
The next steps would be to attend an interview to discuss your experience and, if successful, then a more technical interview with case studies. The final stage would be an interview with the Vice President, Global Internal Audit.
Thank you for your interest in the role.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions