Continuous Improvement Engineer
You will lead the continuous improvement agenda within a designated area of the logistics automated warehousing facility. Providing technical expertise, data and process analysis, project management and leading change to ensure the Boots Warehousing Operations are running at optimal performance and fit for the future
ABOUT THE ROLE
• You will own the performance elements of the Automated warehouse equipment
• You will continually monitor and understand fault levels and causes across the operation. Find ways to influence and improve performance by working closely with the engineering and operational teams.
• You will chair weekly meetings with key stakeholders providing progress updates and feedback.
• You will drive system optimisation and new ways of working. Discover and trial new ideas and methods of improving efficiency and reducing cost
• Propose, develop, and lead the introduction of new equipment, processes and working practices.
• Work to high standards of safety and seek to continually improve standards in the operations.
• You will actively manage the relationship with operational stakeholders, delivering clear, precise, and accurate data to drive collaborative working and raising standards.
• You will understand and influence the relationship between proactive maintenance, system reliability and fault rates
• You will support the management of the engineering teams and input into performance reviews and discipline where appropriate.
• You will build relationships with the Customer support centre to review customer feedback with the target to reduce process or equipment related contacts.
• Working largely unsupervised, the Job Holder is directly accountable for ensuring designated assets achieve availability expectations to aid the warehouse to deliver the optimum service at the optimum cost.
• To deputise for the engineering manager when required to ensure ‘like for like’ service is maintained during periods of absence
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Ability to promote innovation across all working areas.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Good people skills and an ability to take others ‘on the journey’ with you
• Extensive experience in similar automated warehousing facilities.
• Time served apprentice with a minimum Level 3 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Power BI, Power apps knowledge is desirable but not essential.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an advantage: Risk assessments, continuous improvements, maintenance planning.
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodology.
• IOSH / NEBOSH certification in H&S
· Boots Retirement Savings Plan
· Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearing Care
· Company Bonus Scheme
· A suite of optional benefits within the Benefits Box system.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
For relevant roles, the following statement should also be included regarding pre-employment checks, please remove this sentence and the below statement if it isn’t relevant to your role:
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions