Contract: Fixed Term (12 months)
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
About the role
We are an in-house pensions department who is seeking an experienced defined benefit pensions administrator, who has worked for either an in-house pension administrator and/or a third-party administrator.
You will report to the defined benefit Team Leader within a team of 6 other pension administrators at varying levels. The team deals with all the aspects of pension scheme administration in a fast pace atmosphere.
- Carry out calculations in all scenarios of member events i.e. retirements, transfer outs and deaths.
- Collate responses to assess if further information or action is needed.
- Respond to members and taking action to improve the member experience.
- Update member details via the Schemes UPM system and the ability to record all actions.
- Communicate to members and third parties via letter, telephone and email.
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you’ll need to have
- Passionate about pensions administration
- A minimum of 2 years defined benefit pension administration experience
- Competent with IT systems
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own work loads.
It would be great if you also have
- Experience of using UPM
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions