Recruitment Partner: Matt Haywood - firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer to join our thriving UX team at Boots UK. As part of the Digital Transformation team, the UX function drives a strong culture of learning and evangelising user-centred design culture that sits at the core of everything we do.
Your role will be to lead, coach and develop UX designers and researchers and work alongside product managers and business stakeholders to deliver a great user experience and help deliver our long-term strategy. You will work closely within your product function as part of our team of UX designers, researchers, optimisation, and content specialists.
- Be the UX leader in your area, leading all design activities from the initial UX discovery through to the delivery of completed designs.
- You will run and facilitate workshops either remotely or in-person. Workshops may explore business problem statements, create discovery plans or simply explore design solutions depending on what is required.
- Be able to confidentially evangelise the UX team and demonstrate the value that your designs will bring to the organisation and overall customer experience.
- Triangulate all types of customer insight from online analytics, user research, a/b testing, and customer surveys to help deliver the best experience for our customers.
- You will support, where needed, the production of user flows, designs and prototypes.
- Ensure Boots products are accessible to everyone. This includes ensuring all research and design output within your area is in accordance with WCAG accessibility standards.
- Ensure that your designs are responsive according to all screen sizes supported by Boots. This includes consistent monitoring of the ever-changing landscape of screen sizes.
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership to team members, ensuring that their personal development is a priority.
- Stay current with emerging technology, industry best practices and design trends/patterns, thinking about how these can be applied to our business.
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you’ll need to have
- You will have 5-8 years of experience in the UX/Product Design field working ideally in an agile software development environment
- Relevant degree in HCI, interactive/multimedia design, computer science or similar
- Strong digital senior/lead with the ability to flex throughout our User Centred Design (UCD) process
- Familiar with different UX research testing methodologies (inc. quantitate and qualitative, face-to-face and remote)
- Knowledge of responsive design techniques, Information architecture (IA), Visual design (UI), Interaction design (IxD)
- Designing for accessibility compliance to level AA of the WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Designing within corporate brand style guides and design principles
- Agile and lean methodologies (beneficial)
- Strong user of relevant wireframing, visual design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc.).
- Ability to confidently use analytics and insights to support design decisions (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe, Clarabridge)
- Able to articulate your ideas well with the ability to tell stories, pitch and influence design rationale in a language appropriate for your audience.
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will be asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions