Who we are
International Technology & Advanced Analytics (IT2A) is a multi-national function of Walgreens Boots Alliance based in the UK, Europe, Asia and South. We leverage emerging technology and robust data to transform our pharmacy and retail offerings, improve experiences for customers and patients and enhance operational effectiveness for team members. Partnering with some of the finest tech providers and utilising a cutting-edge tech stack, we support two of the UK’s most trusted and established brands - Boots and No7 – in personalising their customer interactions. We’re an innovative team of specialists spanning security, hosting, architecture, software engineering, networks, project delivery and more. A proud equal opportunity employer, we passionately embrace team member diversity and provide a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
About the role
The Solution Architect works collaboratively with colleagues from the Business, IT, and the wider Walgreens Boots Alliance group. Working directly for the Integration Lead Solution Architect, primary responsibilities include,
1. Responsible – Overall Solution Design responsibility for assigned Integration projects.
2. Responsible - Delivery and adherence of solution design-related process, standardised patterns and documentation, and related artefacts.
3. Responsible – Project-related design considerations and design decision proposals (Domain and Enterprise level).
4. Responsible – For assigned Integration projects, the coordination of delivery, and overall suitability of design artefacts supplied from collaboration areas, such as, Digital, Enterprise services, and Infrastructure Technology.
5. Consultation - For Product and Project Managers, regarding the design-related delivery considerations for assigned projects.
- Produce robust, high quality Solution Architecture deliverables at pace, whilst accommodating and recognising the wider architectural goals.
- Provide an open communication link in multiple directions across IT and business functions.
- Clear line of communication with the Project/Product Manager and engineering functions. o Clear line of communication with the wider architecture group.
- IT partners for Design collaboration, standards, and governance. Business Stakeholders to ensure goals are achieved and decisions are understood.
- Vertical with Lead Solution Architect for escalation and architectural alignment.
- Build & maintain a deep understanding of the Boots IT strategy, technology frameworks within IT, and overall Enterprise Architecture direction.
- Ensure design governance is met and within timeframes.
- Adhere to the Boots Architecture process.
- Oversee and review the Outline Designs, both high and low-level designs produced by other resources, partners and third parties.
- Ensure alignment of all solutions to relevant roadmaps and strategy.
What you’ll need to have
- Experience of leading Solution Architecture design within project delivery.
- Solution-driven mindset – Ability to remove project-level blockers related to Design.
- Delivery-driven mindset – Recognises and considers the implications of design on overall project cost and delivery timeframes.
- Preparation and representation of Design-related Considerations and Decisions – Based on factual and documented evidence for rationale.
- Experience in Enterprise patterns, Digital technology stacks and Domain-driven Design.
- Expertise in crafting Architecture Assets, for both waterfall and agile projects.
- A broad and balanced understanding of IT capabilities, methods, and technologies
- In-depth experience of design and development of IT Solutions for integration services and frameworks.
- Understanding of Security frameworks and considerations such as PCI & GDPR for customer facing technologies.
- Experience with industry-leading integration technologies such as Kafka, Apigee, Software AG, ADF and Micro Services.
It would be great if you also have
- Worked in a large enterprise organization
- Experience with pharma retail solutions builds
Hybrid Working – 3 days in office, 2 days from home
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, and outdoor seating.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions