WBA are seeking experienced Information Security Analyst’s to join our growing IT2A InfoSec team within WBA. This role is based in our Nottingham office, and you’ll be working in office/home hybrid structure. The Information Security Analyst is an essential interface between Information Security and our internal business customers. Responsible for the local coordination of the Information Security strategy, advocating a best practice approach, whilst enabling local stakeholders to effectively manage their Information Security risk.
Who we are
International Technology & Advanced Analytics (IT2A) is a multi-national function of Walgreens Boots Alliance based in the UK, Europe, Asia, South America and the USA. We leverage emerging technology and robust data to transform our pharmacy and retail offerings, improve experiences for customers and patients and enhance operational effectiveness for team members. Partnering with some of the finest tech providers and utilising a cutting-edge tech stack, we support two of the UK’s most trusted and established brands - Boots and No7 – in personalising their customer interactions. We’re an innovative team of specialists spanning security, hosting, architecture, software engineering, networks, project delivery and more. A proud equal opportunity employer, we passionately embrace team member diversity and provide a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
About the role
Working within the IT2A Information Security Team Security Architecture and Project Advisory Team you will report directly to the senior manager as an individual contributor as part of a team of analysts and architects. As a chargeable resource, key responsibilities are below:
• Provides advice and guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards.
• Provides guidance on the application and operation of elementary physical, procedural and technical security controls.
• Explains the purpose of security controls and performs security risk and business impact analysis for medium complexity information systems.
• Identifies risks that arise from potential technical solution architectures. Designs alternate solutions or countermeasures and ensures they mitigate identified risks.
• Contributes to development of information security policy, standards and guidelines.
• Implement new or upgraded security measures or controls, and document system or process changes.
• Advise on penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of applications, operating systems and/or networks.
• May conduct complex reviews of legacy environments.
• Reviews projects to ensure alignment with Security Requirements and/or represent info security on projects, when necessary.
• Support projects as they progress through the project delivery process from a security perspective ensuring service acceptance criteria and any other required artefacts are produced as per the project security process.
• Ensure time spent on projects is fairly and accurately recorded and escalate as required.
What you’ll need to have
• An understanding of Information Security policies and standards
• Knowledge of project frameworks and methodologies
• Experience working in one of the following - Security Engineering, Threat Response, Security Operations, IT Operations, IT Compliance and/or IT Governance, Cloud Engineering, Application Development and Testing or similar work experience.
• Understanding of Information Security concepts and principles
• Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving, stakeholder management and communication skills
• Be a self-starter and have a proactive approach to identifying areas for improvement
• The ability to work independently or as part of a team
It would be great if you also have
• Generic information security or vendor specific qualifications
Hybrid Working – 3 days in office, 2 days from home
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria and outdoor seating space.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions