Contract: Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours)
Closing date: Tuesday 5th March
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
Boots Property is seeking a Programme Manager to join the Store Maintenance team to drive the successful delivery of the capital maintenance programme across one of the most diverse retail property portfolios in the UK and Republic of Ireland. The role of the Programme Manager will make a lasting difference in improving the condition of the Boots property estate, building infrastructure and the retail environment.
This full-time role offers flexible working between on-site visits, our head office in Nottingham and working from home 1 or 2 days a week. We are looking for someone who is passionate about project delivery, identifying opportunities and efficiencies, and driving continuous improvement.
About the role
You will report to the Commercial Manager, and be part of the Store Maintenance team, leading the operational delivery of several diverse asset replacement workstreams focusing on property infrastructure, compliance and building safety. As a key member of our team, you'll be at the forefront of driving operational efficiency, innovation and ensuring the seamless execution of essential asset replacements within our retail environment. You will work closely, and develop excellent relationships with, both internal and external stakeholders. Building meaningful relationships focused on clear delivery metrics of time, cost and quality, ensuring the delivery functions are held to account to deliver.
- Lead the planning and delivery of a variety of multi store project workstreams, delivering replacement of end of life, failed building assets and the long-term maintenance strategy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across estates, maintenance, and engineering to ensure that projects are corrected scoped and delivered to specification, business requirements and correct standard.
- Overall day to day operational delivery of the capital works programme by defining key milestone programme dates and ensuring external project managers and consultants are meeting project stages and timelines.
- Performance management of a network of project contractors, external project managers and consultants, holding them to account to KPI and SLAs.
- Drive new ways of working, changing the way we deliver projects through innovation, technology and data to reduce project timelines, maximising the number of projects delivered through cost reduction while ensuring project quality is maintained.
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you’ll need to have
- Understanding of the built environment and building technology across a wide variety of disciplines including building fabric, mechanical, electrical, compliance and vertical transportation.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering property related programmes of works to required timescales, cost and quality.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels, holding others to account and to drive performance and change.
- Experience of leading a delivery team with a positive, forward-thinking attitude, with the ability to solve complex problems across large scale programmes.
- Experience of working with procurement teams to define contracting requirements for consultants, external project managers and contractors.
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions