Recruitment Partner: Matt Haywood - firstname.lastname@example.org
Boots Online Doctor is an online healthcare platform that connects patients with qualified medical professionals. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and focus on improving the customer-facing elements of the system.
Who we are
We believe healthcare should be convenient and accessible to all, which is why we have created Boots Digital Health - the business behind the Boots Online Doctor. Providing patients with online access to advice and treatment from medical experts, the Boots Online Doctor has fast become a market leader, but we’ve got ambitious plans and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. Boots Digital Health is an exciting place to be, offering the growth culture of a start-up with the scale and support of the 170 year old Boots brand. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. Join us and together we can change healthcare for the better through innovative technology and services to the UK and beyond. With you. We change for the better.
About the role
We are looking for a Software Engineer experienced in enterprise backend development to work on our Boots Online Doctor healthcare platform. This is ideally suited to a highly motivated engineer, looking to play a key role in the development of our internal applications. You’ll be joining us at an incredibly exciting time, as we build out our engineering team, working on exciting projects within an amazing team of dedicated people.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new features and functionality on internal and external systems
- Provide support and assist with issue resolution of existing code
- Leverage security and best practices when writing code
- Delivering and supporting the implementation of projects
- Build strong relationships with their peers as well as relevant business stakeholders both in Boots and Boots Digital Health
We offer our office-based team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you’ll need to have
To be successful in this role you will need;
- PHP: functional & OOP
- PHP framework/s: Slim, Lumen, Laravel
- MySQL and good SQL skills
- Good Git skills
- Understand the importance of testing and can write their own tests Securing APIs using industry best practices
- Working to and applying coding standards Consuming 3rd party RESTful / non-RESTful APIs
- 2 - 3 years experience in development using the LAMP stack
- AWS, Docker
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
Here are just some of the benefits and rewards you can expect -
- Generous discount on our own brands and partner businesses
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
For relevant roles, the following statement should also be included regarding pre-employment checks:
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
We are a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions