Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: Friday 1st December
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
About the role
In this role you will support the Opticians Business Unit and support the broader HR Function.
Our role is to help the organisation deliver its corporate strategy and objectives by effectively managing our people processes. We develop and deliver initiatives to achieve business objectives and help to shape the structure of the organisation, focussing on creating a rewarding and engaging environment for our people to work and develop.
Your role will be focused on partnering the business, understanding the Support office and Franchise context, and identifying the key people needs. You will then support them in addressing any areas of focus and in implementing key HR processes and programmes. This is a fast paced role with multiple priorities and there will be an opportunity to support a number of projects alongside your day to day role.
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you’ll need to have
- HR Business Partnering experience
- Know how to leverage technology, analyse data, work with multiple systems and develop reports.
- Be able to demonstrate presence and credibility within the organisation through excellent communication and influencing skills both verbal and written.
- Be able to communicate with and relate to people at all levels.
- Possess sensitive people skills; high level of emotional intelligence and wide understanding of people issues.
- Have the ability to recognise boundaries of own expertise to act in an empowered way but seek guidance when appropriate.
- Be able to prioritise and plan with the ability to make sound judgments about issues that may have an adverse effect on the business from a people perspective.
- Possess Strong project management and IT skills
It would be great if you also have
- CIPD Qualified Level 5 or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a clinical / regulated environment
- Coaching qualification or desire to explore this
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Interviews are expected to begin on Thursday 7th December.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions