Merchandising Specialist, full time (37.5 hours per week), Nottingham Support Office
About the role:
A role at the heart of Commercial Operations, delivering customer-led planners to ensure our ranges are displayed in an attractive, easy to shop way in our stores.
Reporting to the Merchandising Manager, the Merchandising Specialist plays a key role in creating planograms for implementation in our stores, keeping the customer at the front of all decisions and managing rebuild projects to ensure they land right first time, on time.
• Enable commercial teams to deliver their ranges into store
• Bring customer insight, product innovation and financial targets together in the displays we create
• Responsible for a selection of categories, developing an understanding of each and using this to create the best possible displays
• Work collaboratively with a wide cross-functional team
What you’ll need to have:
• Ability to manage multiple projects which may well overlap and be running to different timescales, including keeping stakeholders informed of progress and making them aware of any issues
• A strong eye for detail, and the ability to work accurately and to deadlines
• The ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of different stakeholders
• Be able to embrace and positively react to change
• Have the confidence to share your ideas with a variety of stakeholders, and the ability to discuss and understand the views of others
• Confident to challenge ways of working with a continuous drive for improvement
It would be great if you also have:
• Good computer skills, Excel would be an advantage. There will be training on Intactix (planner creation software/system)
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Generous employee discounts
Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). *Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you’ll be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions