Secondment / Fixed Term Contract – 12 Months
A wonderful opportunity for an experienced Sourcing, Procurement or Commercial professional operating at Junior Buyer level to join our Global Sourcing team within the EU Sourcing division in Nottingham. The role offers hybrid working, 3 days Nottingham office based and may involve some international travel.
About the opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity to support the Buying Manager to deliver an exciting project as we look to move key Boots Brand Healthcare lines to an alternative source whilst ensuring we have a customer offering for the consumer at all times whilst the transfer is taking place.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Junior Buyer who is looking to stretch themselves with opportunity to manage stakeholders at more senior levels and take responsibility when ready for managing key areas of work. You will report into a Buying Manager who has a broader area of responsibility who is part of the EU sourcing team with responsibility for suppliers operating in that region.
• Accountable for driving profit and margin for the retailer
• Support the management of on-going and new vendor relationships and supplier performance
• Ensure regular supplier meetings takes place to set up new relationships for ongoing success and to ensure streams of work remain on track
• Support on business recommendations through performing the initial research and analysis and providing clear input in the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional team
• Support the development and optimisation of a supply base which enables differentiated New Product Development (NPD)
• Lead the generic product workstream ensuring regular updates on progress and ensuring stock is secured at pace.
• A strong and driven cross functional player with excellent stakeholder management skills
• Experienced in managing negotiations for spend categories >$5m million dollars, ideally on a global level
• Experienced in implementing category sourcing strategies with a proven track record of delivering exceptional results
• Knowledge of the strategic sourcing/procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices
• Strong commercial acumen and a problem solving mindset.
• Experienced working with Profit & Loss (P&L) concepts, such as revenue, gross profit margin, operating expenses and cash flow with a view to identifying and delivering profit enhancement opportunities
Hybrid Working (3 set days in the office)
We offer our Support Office team members a 3/2 hybrid working approach, based upon empowerment, accountability, care, and trust, which includes a mix of remote and office-based working – our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and WFH days are Monday and Friday.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Generous employee discounts
Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). *Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
About Global Sourcing:
Our team of more than 400 people are located throughout Asia, the UK, Mexico and the U.S., putting us at the heart of the markets we serve and close to our suppliers. The combination of the team’s expertise and the breadth and diversity of our supplier base enables WBA Global Sourcing to bring to life an extraordinarily broad range of products from beauty and healthcare, to groceries and toys, with a specialty in the development of owned brand and consumer brand products.
With a razor-sharp focus on product quality, the Global Sourcing team supports delivery against our ambitious WBA sustainability targets through initiatives such as packaging reduction and the eradication of single-use plastic. We also reduce the volume of goods shipped around the world by manufacturing products locally in the regions where they will be sold. Critically, we ensure we only work with suppliers that consistently demonstrate compliance with our ethical sourcing requirements.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you’ll be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions