Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
About the role
This is a high profile and unique role within the Controllership team, providing a broad range of experience and exposure to a wide range of stakeholders across the business, within and outside of Finance.
From partnering with the Trustees of the two Boots charities, the Property Partnerships and the ESG team, to the preparation and presentation of the quarterly and annual management and statutory accounts for these entities, this role provides a breadth of experience across Finance, alongside the opportunity to strengthen and develop strong technical accounting skills.
In this role, you will be reporting into the Head of Finance – Technical Accounting and Projects. This role is crucial for driving quality into an ever-changing financial reporting landscape. You will be responsible for preparation of management and statutory accounts for charity and partnership entities. You will be a trusted advisor to charity trustees, presenting financial information to finance and non-finance stakeholders. There is also opportunity to gain experience of technical accounting through involvement in accounting papers and accounting projects, and impairment reviews, supported by the Head of Finance and wider controllership team.
- Responsible for the accounting for partnership and charity entities, ensuring good financial control, accurate records in SAP and producing high quality management accounts.
- Business partnering the ESG and charity teams to evaluate charity financial performance.
- Production of IFRS statutory accounts using Workiva and coordination of reviews.
- Liaising with Treasury and senior stakeholders to arrange distributions.
- Presentation of quarterly financial results to Trustees.
- Coordination of external audit deliverables and resolution of audit queries for charities, pensions and partnerships.
We offer our Support Office team members a fixed hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working – our current set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and option to WFH days are Monday and Friday.
What you’ll need to have
- Be a part qualified or qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Have a broad understanding of finance systems and processes;
- Experience of using SAP an advantage;
- Be organised and able to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to tailor communication to a range of stakeholders;
- Have a logical and analytical mindset, enjoying intellectual challenge and being keen to learn;
- Be resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope with a change in a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business;
- Possess drive for self-development and growth.
It would be great if you also have
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions