The hourly rate for this role is £11.23 and up to £12.30. across selected locations within London. The hourly rate will increase after 6 months in role.
No previous experience required – Full training will be provided
Are you passionate about customer care and delivering the best Pharmacy services? We are looking for Trainee Phlebotomists to join our healthcare teams and play a key role in delivering Phlebotomy services to the local community.
About the opportunity
Our Future Health is a Charity who are working in partnership with the NHS, aiming to be the UK’s largest ever health research programme, bringing people together to develop new ways to prevent, detect and treat diseases. The Our Future Health programme will collect information from millions of volunteers across the UK in order to help people live healthier lives for longer; through transforming the prevention, detection and treatment of conditions such as dementia, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
Your role as a Pharmacy Services Specialist will be to greet volunteers, verify their details and take health measurements and venous blood samples (phlebotomy) whilst maintaining the integrity of all participant information and blood samples.
Your main duties will include:
- Greeting participants and verifying their details
- Explaining the phlebotomy procedure to participants
- Clerical duties such as management of appointment booking process for the phlebotomy service
- Taking various participants measurements, such as height, weight and waist circumference
- Taking and maintaining venous blood samples from participants according to UK guidelines
- Maintaining quality of service delivery by following Standard Operating Procedures and adhering to health and safety standards
- Ensuring samples are prepared for delivery to the correct laboratory within required timescales
- Ordering and maintaining adequate stock of requisite materials needed to deliver service
- Communicating with the in-store Pharmacist and the pharmacy team to assure safe and appropriate provision of the service
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Empathetic, approachable and able to interact sensitively
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with embracing technology
- A passion for customer care and working in Healthcare
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Prepared to learn and be comfortable in completing a Healthcare training Programme at NVQ2 or equivalent
- Phlebotomy experience, however if you don't have this, we will be more than happy to train you.
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous staff discount
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues by providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, that we can continue to change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your Pharmacy Service Specialist application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email. This role is subject to completing a DBS/PVG check.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours.
If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions