This is an exciting opportunity for you to support patients in being able to access safe and impactful pharmacy services in stores throughout the United Kingdom, whilst working in a supportive team to ensure any legal risks are identified and mitigated.
This role sits within the Healthcare Services Team, and reports into the Senior Manager Healthcare Services Partnerships. You will manage and work closely with the Pharmacy Contracts Assistant to ensure contracts are in place to underpin locally commissioned services. You’ll also support with building understanding within the business regarding the typical legal risks associated with contracts.
You’ll get to work with, support, and learn from various functions across the business including our Superintendent Pharmacist’s Office, Legal Team, Tenders Team, Insurable Risk, Data Protection Team and Pharmacy Field Team, as well as liaising with and supporting relationships with our external commissioners.
• Accountable for the provision of subject matter expertise to affect the day-to-day review and processing of ‘standard’ and bespoke pharmacy contracts
• Accountable for the timely provision of advice, support and guidance to Healthcare Partnership Managers and other relevant colleagues in relation to pharmacy contracts
• Accountable for the timely provision of advice, support and guidance to external commissioners in relation to specific areas of concern within pharmacy contracts
• Proactively connects own work-streams across all relevant areas
• Efficiently delegates tasks as appropriate and supports the Pharmacy Contracts Assistant in managing their workload
• Creates strong relationships with stakeholders in the Support Office and relevant members of the field team to ensure consistent follow up and management of pharmacy contracts
Liaises with different specialities within the Legal team for specific advice on clauses
What you’ll need to have:
• Excellent administrative, data management, IT (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) across a wide range of stakeholders who operate at many different levels
• Ability to prioritise, organise and manage a demanding, highly variable workload with appropriate pace whilst maintaining a consistently high quality of output
• Holder of a degree, that demonstrates ability to undertake detailed analysis and research which can be applied to legislation and policies
• A voracious reader, being able to identify, explain and reason risks and mitigate and provide guidance on these points for internal stakeholders
It would great if you also have:
• A Law degree or equivalent legal qualification
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care, and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can chang
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Generous employee discounts
Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). *Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you’ll be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions