About the role:
Welcome to the Boots Media Team – an exciting team at the heart of Boots UK’s growth plans. As customers are changing, so are we! We’re focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The Media Specialist role is to support the delivery of effective communication campaigns across paid media campaigns and channels. The Media Specialist helps translate commercial and marketing objectives into communication briefs; they work closely with our media agency and key internal stakeholders to ensure that the campaigns are insight & data based. The Media Specialist also contributes to the performance reporting for their campaigns.
The Media Specialist will work closely with the wider Marketing Managers and Specialists to implement and optimize the media plan and mass personalisation within a zone. Focussed on the customer and a desire to deliver the key Marketing KPI’s of: Value perception / Brand affinity / New, to drive business growth.
• Planning and delivery of media campaigns against commercial and marketing objectives
• Ensures the media plans are based on insight, customer journeys, performance data and analytics.
• Ensures martech supports the delivery of effective campaigns; works closely with data science and AI teams to use mass personalization across channels.
• Works with the Performance Manager and the Media Manager to measure and report on campaign & channel performance; ensures KPIs are in place for all activities.
• Works closely with the creative and content teams to ensure media assets are optimized across channels
• Demonstrable expertise in paid media platforms and how you deliver demonstrable performance for the business
• 2 years’ experience in media advertising, client or agency side working on retail and/or consumer businesses.
• Experience of working closely with media agencies – planners and buyers; experience of working in close collaboration with creative and content teams.
• Understands how to incorporate customer insight and journeys with analytics to drive results.
• Strong commercial acumen; ability to drive measurable performance for the business.
• Proficiency in key martech tools, including GA, Coremetrics (or similar); understanding of performance tracking including econometric and MTA.
• Strong verbal and written communication, robust interaction with internal stakeholders and other members of the team.
• Ability to work at pace and deliver agility in response to business needs
• Works well with others and actively contributes towards team objectives
• Working under pressure, flexible, positive and focused during times of change
Hybrid Working (3 set days in the office)
We offer our Support Office team members a 3/2 hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care, and trust, which includes a mix of remote and office-based working – our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and WFH days are Monday and Friday.
You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Generous employee discounts
Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). *Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you’ll be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions