About the opportunity
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our growing User Experience (UX) team at Boots. As a Product Designer your role is essential to researching and designing best in class user experiences for future digital products and services at Boots.
You’ll span the breadth of the user centred product design process, from initial research and concepts, right through to detailed designs and handover to the development team. You’ll work closely with UX Leads, Product Managers, Scrum Teams, Digital Experience and Optimisation Teams to ensure successful communication of insights and designs.
Please provide a portfolio or sample of work with your application, that showcases your approach to design and problem solving.
About the role
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, engineers, and other designers to define and execute the UX and product design strategy.
- Support our user research team in achieving their objectives by providing design expertise and insights.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate and validate design concepts.
- Develop user flows, journey maps, and information architectures to guide the development of intuitive user experiences.
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback, stakeholder input, and usability findings.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the implementation of designs aligns with the intended user experience.
- Advocate for user-centered design principles and best practices throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate proficiency in design systems and brand guidelines, ensuring consistency and alignment with the company's visual identity.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging design technologies to continuously improve our design process and output.
- Contribute to design critiques and peer reviews, offering constructive feedback and insights to fellow designers.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, Interaction Design, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in UX and product design, preferably in a B2C environment.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of UX design projects, including wireframes, prototypes, and final designs.
- Proficient in tools such as Figma and Zeplin.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Experience with user research techniques, usability testing, and user behaviour analysis.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate design decisions and rationale.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and adapt to changing project requirements.
- Proactive, self-motivated, collaborative and curious to learn.
- Knowledge of front-end development technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.) is a plus.
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions