Governance Specialist (Projects) - 24 month secondment / fixed term
About the opportunity
Welcome to the Governance Team which is part of Central Operations here at Boots. Our team looks after business wide Governance, business resilience (business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management), business wide self-audit and regulatory waste management. Working as part of a small team, you will provide specialist support with any current projects in the Governance function or within the wider Central Operations team.
Your role will coordinate delivery of these projects and involve collaborating with numerous teams business wide. You’ll have good attention to detail, working to agreed deadlines to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of these projects.
• You will have strong project coordination/management skills to prepare project plans and able to provide associated cross functional coordination/support for current projects.
• Good knowledge of business/store operations and systems
• Have a structured approach to your work with excellent organisational skills
• Ensure meticulous attention to detail, clear visual, written and verbal communication
• Strong experience in stakeholder management and the ability to build good working relationships across the business
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Competency in using Microsoft Office platforms e.g. Outlook, Excel, Teams
• Ideally experience using tools for project planning and to present data for analysis e.g. Access / Excel/Power BI
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions