Contract: Fixed Term Contract (12 months), Full Time (37.5 hours)
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
About the role
Based in our Nottingham support office, the Estates Team operates as a valued consultant to the business, working particularly closely with the wider Property, Finance, Legal, Procurement, and Retail & Pharmacy Operation teams. We advise across a large, mature portfolio with significant opportunities to add and return value year-on-year.
There’s always a commercial opportunity to consider and it’s the mix of retail & pharmacy operations, location, premium beauty brands, store configuration and operational costs to balance and ultimately deliver best value.
We are now looking for an experienced Estates Manager to join the team. You will have good all-round property experience, commercial acumen, a strong customer focus and a high level of drive and self-motivation to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment.
You’ll need high levels of motivation and be a self-starter, with tenacity and the desire to develop your capabilities through experience. You will report to the Director of Estates and deliver great results by:
- Being point of contact in the business co-ordinating various work streams across the Boots commercial property estate
- Supplier management of external advisors and specialists
- Leading negotiations, with legal support where necessary, against third parties to secure the best commercial terms
- Bringing forward business cases for approval that change the occupation of property for the commercial sides of the business – managing the end to end approval process
- Dealing with Lease Advisory and Estate Management issues as they arise for the non-retail portfolio.
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you’ll need to have
- ·A strong communicator that operates as an expert, and is credible and experienced in dealing with very senior stakeholders
- Self motivated and results driven to prioritise and meet deadlines with a high level of integrity, trust and able to act with autonomy.
- A degree in Real Estate Management and will be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team of professionals to deliver business objectives.
- Commercially aware, being analytical and use financial knowledge to bring an innovative approach to property solutions
- Good communicator, able to build effective relationships within the business and the external market
- Self-motivated and results focussed to meet budget requirements with a high level of integrity and trust
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions