The Project Manager role is a key position within Boots IT, responsible for the mobilisation and management of projects within a large investment portfolio supporting the Pharmacy and Opticians side of our business. This is a great opportunity to work at the heart of the business, delivering technology critical to Boots’ performance. The role involves working collaboratively with key business users, Boots IT colleagues and the wider Walgreens Boots Alliance group, in an interesting and engaging environment.
Who we are
International Technology & Advanced Analytics (IT2A) is a multi-national function of Walgreens Boots Alliance based in the UK, Europe, Asia, South America and the USA. We leverage emerging technology and robust data to transform our pharmacy and retail offerings, improve experiences for customers and patients and enhance operational effectiveness for team members. Partnering with some of the finest tech providers and utilising a cutting-edge tech stack, we support two of the UK’s most trusted and established brands - Boots and No7 – in personalising their customer interactions. We’re an innovative team of specialists spanning security, hosting, architecture, software engineering, networks, project delivery and more. A proud equal opportunity employer, we passionately embrace team member diversity and provide a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
About the role
The Project Manager plays a key role in the delivery of the overall Boots IT transformation agenda and strategy. This includes delivering key projects, adhering to project frameworks, continuously assessing project risks & issues, and managing & tracking finances.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Co-ordinating all aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery of customer and business objectives
• Bringing together project team members from across the business and third-party organisations to build and deliver the project plan
• Leading the end-to-end project lifecycle, from planning, implementation, and evaluation of the projects
• Adhering to project management frameworks and standards within the team, including good financial governance
• Troubleshooting, problem-solving and escalating issues as required
What you’ll need to have
Our ideal candidate is extremely organised and experienced in project and/or programme management (ideally MSP or PRINCE2 qualified). The key characteristics needed for the role are:
- Proven experience in managing IT projects end to end
- The ability to co-ordinate all aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery of customer and business objectives
- The ability to bring together project team members from across the business and third-party organisations to build and deliver the project plan
- Excellent understanding of how to lead the end-to-end project lifecycle, from planning, implementation, and evaluation of the projects
- Understanding and adherence to project management frameworks and standards within the team, including good financial governance
- The ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and escalate issues as required
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria and outdoor seating spaces
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
Hybrid Working – 3 days in office, 2 days from home
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions