Who we are
International Technology & Advanced Analytics (IT2A) is a multi-national function of Walgreens Boots Alliance based in the UK, Europe, Asia, South America and the USA. We leverage emerging technology and robust data to transform our pharmacy and retail offerings, improve experiences for customers and patients and enhance operational effectiveness for team members. Partnering with some of the finest tech providers and utilising a cutting-edge tech stack, we support two of the UK’s most trusted and established brands - Boots and No7 – in personalising their customer interactions. We’re an innovative team of specialists spanning security, hosting, architecture, software engineering, networks, project delivery and more. A proud equal opportunity employer, we passionately embrace team member diversity and provide a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
About the role
You will report into a the Senior Enterprise Architect. With the support of the wider EA team, you will be working with Boots business leaders on the definition of IT strategy and roadmaps and directing IT investment to support the business outcomes and global technology strategy.
- Developing enterprise architecture artefacts and processes, to create and embed technology strategy across the platform
- Creating technology roadmaps and IT investment plans that align to organisational plans and strategy
- Engaging and influencing relevant stakeholders, to understand and form strategy, and obtain commitment to technology roadmaps
- Leading the enterprise architecture design governance across the platform and supporting solution architects in the successful delivery of programmes and projects
- Selecting the optimal combination of in-house and external technologies to support the continued growth of the platform and to inspire creativity
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you’ll need to have
- Previous experience working as an Enterprise Architect
- Experience in and leading groups of varying stakeholders through complex challenges
- Demonstrable knowledge of defining business outcomes and translating our goals into IT strategy and roadmaps
It would be great if you also have
- Developed enterprise architecture in a large global retail or healthcare environment or a similarly complex organisation
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions