About the role:
Welcome to the Boots Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) team! Being a responsible business has been central to Boots philosophy throughout its 174 year history, and the company is founded with a strong sense of purpose and playing an important role at the heart of health in the communities we serve. This is still true today as we continue to build on the positive impacts we are having within our operations, our communities and our planet.
The Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Specialist, will be instrumental in helping the organisation achieve its ESG strategy and goals. Responsible for supporting on important agendas within the ESG strategy including the business carbon transition plan and governing ESG to support robust target setting and impact measurement. This role involves building and evolving strong relationships with strategic partners internally and externally that align to these key areas and our Boots UK purpose to be “With You, for Life”.
• Manage ESG governance framework to ensure compliance with external and internal policies and procedures in the ESG space
• Manage relevant approvals for Boots UK charitable donations in line with WBA policy
• Use data and data analysis to support the ESG team on strategic direction, as well as supporting the comms and public relations team with communicating the measurable impacts of the ESG work
• Manage quarterly reporting of key metrics in how Boots is supporting communities and charity partners, including tracking donations in the form of cash, product, and employee time
• Responsible for Boots UK annual ESG reporting as part of WBA ESG activities, and work with the finance team to ensure accuracy of data reported at all times
• Build and maintain awareness of all commitments (ESG related) that Boots UK, Opticians and Ireland have agreed to meet. Use governance processes to track progress and alignment with internal target setting
• Work with the communications teams to ensure Boots ESG content on internal and external websites is well maintained, accurate and up to date
• Support external ESG-related reporting across Boots UK and any relevant award entries
• Support the rest of the ESG team to complete any relevant financial or data reporting reviews
What you’ll need to have:
• Passionate about making a difference and having a role with purpose
• Strong numerical and analytical skills and ability to provide insights back to the ESG team and wider business
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the confidence to communicate with a variety of stakeholders across the business and WBA team
• Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to build relationships across the business
• Resilience and emotional intelligence
• Ability to understand the company’s wider objectives and plans
• Demonstrates personal effectiveness – is a self starter, using planning and organisation to yield best results.
• Naturally organised with exceptional attention to detail and confident in supporting governance and reporting
• Project management skills and experience in delivering cross-functional projects are desirable
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions