A fantastic opportunity has become available to join the Boots Management Information (MI) Centre of Excellence in Nottingham as a MI Analyst to help us provide timely and accurate MI for all Boots UK businesses, driving fast decision making through reporting analytics to continually improve business performance.
Who we are
International Technology & Advanced Analytics (IT2A) is a multi-national function of Walgreens Boots Alliance based in the UK, Europe, Asia, South America and the USA. We leverage emerging technology and robust data to transform our pharmacy and retail offerings, improve experiences for customers and patients and enhance operational effectiveness for team members. Partnering with some of the finest tech providers and utilising a cutting-edge tech stack, we support two of the UK’s most trusted and established brands - Boots and No7 – in personalising their customer interactions. We’re an innovative team of specialists spanning security, hosting, architecture, software engineering, networks, project delivery and more. A proud equal opportunity employer, we passionately embrace team member diversity and provide a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
About the role
This role sits within the International Data Office and will focus on designing and developing MI reports to provide timely and accurate performance and operational measurement to Boots UK, ROI Boots Opticians and Liz Earle, helping to develop the understanding of MI in the business to ensure it is fit for purpose and is aligned with the relevant business objectives.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Produce accurate and timely MI according to process and takes ownership of actions.
• Be a recognised information expert, understanding our sources of data and ensuring that reporting and data is consistent and accurate across all stakeholders.
• Demonstrates an awareness of the differing types of MI and their differing forms e.g. Financial & non-financial KPI's.
• Input into the change program with technical expertise and advice as experts on business process and data.
• Incorporates upfront testing as part of build & taps into broader technical capability of the MI team.
What you’ll need to have
• Experience using SAP BW/Business Objects/Bex Analyser/Power BI to build and deploy MI reports and must be willing and capable of adapting to new tools as they are introduced.
• Energy, drive, determination, enthusiasm and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to deal effectively and confidently with individuals at all levels of the business and across functional boundaries.
• Commercial acumen with a demonstrable proven ability to identify key issues, create clarity and provide effective support and challenge to senior customers and stakeholders
It would be great if you also have
• Experience using MS Excel pivot tables and formulas to create financially focused reports, a financial qualification would be distinctly advantageous.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions