Contract: Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours)
Closing date: Friday 6th October
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt (email@example.com)
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Boots UK finance team as Senior Finance Analyst – Cash & Treasury. As part of the Financial Planning and Analysis finance team, the role is crucial for driving quality into our cash forecasting and management and for providing insight to the leaders of our business. It also involves being a key point of contact for our Group Treasury and Group FP&A functions.
The role offers the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of our business, giving a real opportunity for career development within Boots
We are looking for someone who can:
- Help prepare forecasts, budget and 3 year plan for the cash flow and balance sheet and hold the business to account for performance against these;
- Manage the weekly treasury forecast and commentary;
- Provide quality information to support decision making by the Directors of the business;
- Understand the month-end cash position and prepare and maintain cash flow reports to calculate and explain any variances to forecast and budget;
- Prepare working capital and capital expenditure analysis and commentary for the board report;
- Support in currency activities including hedging and buying and selling currency;
- Seek out and deliver process improvement changes.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you’ll need to have
- Have experience in finance and either be qualified or studying (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Be capable of communicating effectively with senior figures across the business and comfortable in challenging the status quo;
- Have an interest in cash flow and treasury activities;
- Be resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope in a fast-paced environment;
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business;
- Possess drive for self-development and growth
It would be great if you also have
- Previous use of Planning Analytics, TM1 and SAP
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions