About the opportunity
As a CLO you lead and inspire the opticians team to deliver excellent patient centred care to ensure our customers and patients are supported to feel good in contact lenses. This role supports the safe and effective running of the opticians business, being an expert in the technical aspects of the recommendation, sale and supply of contact lenses and optical appliances around the area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Knows the Boots Opticians contact lens product portfolio including complete care solutions, services and offers to use this information to create life-long patients and customers through appropriate recommendation
- Uses professional judgement for all clinical decisions that need to be taken within the opticians business
- Supervises the development, education and training of colleagues and supports and mentors students
- Proactively seeks opportunities to engage with local commissioners and external healthcare professionals.
- Supports the Divisional Contact Lens Lead in growing the business, helping stores identify new opportunities for customers to wear contact lenses, and support confidence with store teams and clinicians in driving contact lens trials.
- Travelling to different stores within the area
To be successful in this role you will need to have the below capabilities:
- Registered with the General Optical Council (GOC)
- High level of professional expertise and widely respected by stakeholders, peers, customers and external local professionals
- Passionate to drive high customer care and ensure high clinical standards
- Be the first choice for patients for their contact lens needs
- Keeps up to date with their own learning and development, completing all continual education training CET as part of the GOC requirement
- Works in partnership with the local management team to deliver both contact lens and ophthalmology led services
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- Attractive bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions