Patient Support Team
Boots Online Doctor is an online healthcare platform that connects patients with qualified medical professionals. We are looking to grow our Patient Support network to join our team and focus on improving the customer-facing elements of the system. As a member of our Patient Support team, you will be responsible for identifying, prioritising, and implementing product features and improvements to enhance the user experience and drive business growth.
Who we are
We believe healthcare should be convenient and accessible to all, which is why we have created Boots Digital Health - the business behind the Boots Online Doctor. Providing patients with online access to advice and treatment from medical experts, the Boots Online Doctor has fast become a market leader, but we’ve got ambitious plans and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. Boots Digital Health is an exciting place to be, offering the growth culture of a start-up with the scale and support of the 170 year old Boots brand. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. Join us and together we can change healthcare for the better through innovative technology and services to the UK and beyond. With you. We change for the better.
About the role
Our Patient Support Team excels in a fast paced environment delivering wow level service to our patients. We want to wow our patients seven days a week with friendly, personalised care and responsive customer service. Members of our Patient Support Team work closely with our prescribers and with pharmacies who dispense medicines to our patients.
What you'll do
• Handle a high volume of calls and emails, while upholding our customer commitment of answering calls within 60 seconds and replying to incoming messages and emails within 2 hours.
• Provide our patients with an exceptional experience over the phone and through messaging with your friendly and efficient personalized service. • Assist our patients by answering their questions and helping them navigate our website and their accounts.
• Collaborate with your teammates to handle daily tasks timely and efficiently with a friendly, can-do attitude.
• Support our patients with account issues and set a high bar by solving them quickly.
• Connect our patients with our prescribers and our partner pharmacists to make sure our patients’ requests are being answered by the right expert. • Help any of our partner pharmacies navigate through the online patient records system, including password resets
• Protect our patients’ privacy.
What you’ll bring
• 2+ years’ experience in a Customer Service or Patient Support oriented role. • Experience talking to customers on the phone, instant chat, and/or email.
• You have solid computer and mobile phone skills to help our patients navigate the world of online doctor services.
• You’re detail oriented, organized, and have great multitasking skills. You take initiative and follow through while embracing change.
• You strive to WOW our patients and your teammates by going above and beyond everyday.
• You are a team player! Teamwork and community is important to you. You work well with teammates, and have great communication skills.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
Here are just some of the benefits and rewards you can expect -
● Generous discount on our own brands and partner businesses
● Discretionary annual bonus
● Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
● Boots Retirement Savings Plan
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
For relevant roles, the following statement should also be included regarding pre-employment checks:
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
We are a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions