A fabulous opportunity for an experienced Sourcing or Procurement professional operating at Buyer level to join the No7 Skincare Sourcing team and be part of our exciting global expansion.
About the opportunity
Responsible for supporting the Buying Manager and Senior Buyer in the execution of sourcing strategies for one or several assigned projects or ongoing management of spend categories; supports the oversight for sourcing events in complex categories; own supplier relationships; and driving reporting and tracking for assigned spend categories.
With a focus on building a high-performance supply base, this role will be accountable for driving profit enhancement and enabling differentiated product development. You will work seamlessly with your sourcing colleagues in Asia and the US to leverage global benefits for WBA as part of a Global Sourcing organization.
• Accountable for driving profit enhancement, cost savings
• Support the development and optimisation of a supply base which enables differentiated New Product Development (NPD)
• Support the management of on-going vendor relationships and supplier performance
• Ensure regular supplier meetings takes place and implement improvement strategies with suppliers
• Supports supplier selection criteria through performing the initial research and provide input in the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional team
• A strong Cross functional player with excellent stakeholder management skills
• Experience managing negotiations for spend categories >$10m million dollars ideally on a global level
• Experience implementing category sourcing strategies with a proven track record of delivering exceptional results
• Knowledge of the strategic sourcing/procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices
• Experience working with Profit & Loss (P&L) concepts, such as revenue, COGS, gross profit margin, operating expenses and cash flow with a view to identifying and delivering profit enhancement opportunities
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why WBA Global Sourcing
Our sourcing team brings a broad and diverse range of products to life for our retailers, brands and most importantly, our customers.
Our global sourcing operation is the power behind WBA’s retailers and brands.
Our team of more than 400 people are located throughout Asia, the UK, Mexico and the U.S., putting us at the heart of the markets we serve and close to our suppliers. The combination of the team’s expertise and the breadth and diversity of our supplier base enables WBA Global Sourcing to bring to life an extraordinarily broad range of products from beauty and healthcare, to groceries and toys, with a specialty in the development of owned brand and consumer brand products.
With a razor-sharp focus on product quality, the Global Sourcing team supports delivery against our ambitious WBA sustainability targets through initiatives such as packaging reduction and the eradication of single-use plastic. We also reduce the volume of goods shipped around the world by manufacturing products locally in the regions where they will be sold. Critically, we ensure we only work with suppliers that consistently demonstrate compliance with our ethical sourcing requirements.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions