Building Services Technician
- Burton on Trent
- 40 hours per week
- Working 5 out of 7 days 07:30-16:00, plus 1 in 4 weeks on call from 16:00-22:00 (Mon-Fri Only)
ABOUT THE ROLE
To be accountable for providing a full planned preventative maintenance, breakdown and repair function to all logistics warehousing facilities.
- The job holder is directly accountable for ensuring all facilities achieve availability expectations
- To use expertise, experience and professionalism to make strong well-informed decisions to prioritise tasks, always striving to ensure customer requirements are satisfied
- The job holder works within the Engineering team and works collaboratively with the Engineering Management and operations
- Work will be within the guidelines and constraints of all company, legislative and safety criteria
- Ensuring all Preventive Maintenance, Inspections & Verisae work orders are completed within deadlines, ensuring world class standards in the warehouse
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- Ability to promote innovation across all working areas
- Effective communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others
- A wealth of experience in a similar building services engineering field
- Time served apprentice or extensive experience in a similar role with a minimum Level 3 qualification in a relevant electrical engineering discipline
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
Back to top