As the only in house 3D visualiser you will be a valuable member of the Customer Experience Team. Your primary role will be to create still images and short animations/fly throughs for current and upcoming projects. This position requires an adaptable individual who will be able to work quickly and efficiently to produce high-quality output to satisfy the needs of the company. As the only visualiser within Boots UK, confidence, and the ability to work alone, is crucial.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A strong grasp of converting initial drawings and elevations into 3D models is absolutely essential, with Sketchup as the go-to modelling option. Furthermore, understanding of realtime rendering such as Endscape is necessary to produce photo realistic renders. The majority of the projects will be focused on store interiors and exteriors but there will also be a requirement to visualise new furniture concepts as well as 2D asset development.
This role reports to an In Store Experience Design Manager and comes with a great opportunity for exposure across the business as the visuals that you produce will be an essential part of communicating ideas around new concepts and developments across our brand. You will need to become familiar with our brand guidelines and be the ambassador for ensuring these are implemented in a consistent way across all touch points.
There is also an exciting opportunity to develop our visualisation capabilities and as the only in house visualiser you will have ownership over the direction this takes as you develop in your role. In support of this you will also take the lead in developing our VR capabilities and run real time demonstrations to engage key stakeholders to help with decision making on key projects
As 3D Visualiser you will be accountable for:
• Delivering on-brand, 3D and 2D assets including:
• Photo realistic interior and exterior renders
• 3D modelling of complete store environments including new furniture concepts
• Video/fly throughs of internal store environments
• Asset/artwork production for print
• Maintenance of software licenses and hardware updates relating to 3D applications
• Operating and maintaining VR kit with the ability to run live VR sessions
• Supporting the team by working on projects and ad hoc work as well as the usual day-to-day elements.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
• A proficiency in Sketchup, Endscape and Adobe Photoshop
• Excellent attention to detail, an eye for lighting, textures, camera set-up, post-production etc
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Good planning/timekeeping skills and is able to work on multiple briefs at any given time
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Some experience in a similar role in marketing/retail/architectural sector
• A strong portfolio of work demonstrating experience in furniture and interior rendering (both static and motion)
• Knowledge of VR software and set up
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions