Global Safety Manager - Toxicologist
Can be based out of any of the following locations: London, Isle of Wight & Nottingham
This is an exciting opportunity to work with major cosmetic brands throughout their lifecycle in a market leading Global Company.
Who we are
No7 Beauty Company is more than just one voice. In 2021 six brands - No7, Liz Earle, Soap & Glory, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin - joined forces and No7 Beauty Company was born. We believe in creating the best in beauty for everyone - we’re innovators with a passion for challenging perceptions with ground-breaking products, proven results and positive impact. We have built a reputation on scientific innovation, whilst being environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. No matter where you work in No7 Beauty Company, you’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self and we share a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. Join us and together we can achieve more. Find out more here.
About the role
As a Safety Manager you will use your expertise to safety assess products both during Innovation and new product development (NPD) and throughout their lifecycle. You will maintain the safety frameworks designed to support routes to market, increasing pace to market. You will identify any safety concerns, assess these and provide risk-based recommendations to the business. You will use your ability to translate scientific insights into consumer relevant product improvements.
Reporting into The Global Head of Regulatory and Safety for No7 Beauty Company, you will work across a wide group of stakeholders including Research & Development, Formulation, Brand, Regulatory, Quality, Global Sourcing and Legal.
• Responsible for safety activities during Innovation and NPD, for the final safety assessment and for ensuring that products on the markets are safe though their lifecycle
• Build scientific expertise in safety fields and technologies. Use this expertise to drive continuous improvement of the products and protect the brands and business
• Drive competitive advantage through the application of safety expertise in our products
• Represent No7 Beauty Company on expert committees
• Support the Cosmetovigilance program
• Contribute to the on-going Safety QMS
• Train the technical and commercial teams on basic safety knowledge to ensure awareness of the importance of safety for customer protection
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you’ll need to have
• MSc in Toxicology/pharmacology/chemistry and at least 5 years’ experience of safety assessment in FMCG, chemistry industry, cosmetics experience being an advantage
• Outstanding technical capabilities and strong communication skills to be able to represent No7Beauty Company externally within scientific committees
• Be a strong business partner cross functionally within the business
• Be able to manage, influence stakeholders, think strategically, whilst at the same
• Time managing the daily business at pace
• Ability to lead and motivate others
• Can challenge, be challenged, be bold, be curious, be amazing you!
It would be great if you also have
• Professional qualifications DABT, UKRT desirable
• A chemistry background and experience of the OECD QSAR Toolbox would be advantageous
• Travel links including on campus bus stops, parking and close to train and tram links
• Generous discount on our own brands and partner businesses
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions