Portfolio Manager – OTC Healthcare
Secondment / Fixed Term Contract – 18 Months
As a Portfolio manager you will be leading a team of healthcare subject matter experts to deliver a programme of product delivery for of our Boots Branded OTC products. In this important role you will use your programme and project management expertise coupled with a good knowledge of technical product delivery to lead and coordinate a cross functional team to successfully deliver a range of OTC products working in collaboration with UK and European suppliers.
About the role
The role holder will use their programme and project management expertise to manage and oversee a programme of technical activity for key Boots Branded OTC products.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Leads a cross functional team of technical experts to deliver the OTC portfolio through the application of portfolio/project management best practice including planning, governance, issue and risk management, change control, stakeholder management, escalation and portfolio reporting.
• Ensures all OTC projects are delivered according to the business strategy. Eengages with the cross functional teams and supplier base to deliver transfer plans, ensures portfolio best practice covering planning, CPA management, governance, issue and risk management, stakeholder management and budget management
• Monitors progress of activities and investigates facts and develops solutions with team of SME’s on issues impacting the programme of delivery
• Ensures accurate and timely reporting and budget management
• Ensures effective risk management and communication to stakeholders to ensure positive resolution
• Eensures ongoing project reviews are completed to identify improvements to drive project improvements and increase speed, productivity and quality of delivery
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you'll need to have
• Extensive portfolio, programme and project management experience - good knowledge and experience in project delivery within a Pharmaceutical or FMCG environment
• Excellent ‘project delivery’ track record in an operational or technical role.
• Strong technical, manufacturing and end to end supply chain and process understanding
• Ability to effectively influence and engage cross business teams (commercial and technical) to drive business outcomes
• Excellent relationship mgt skills - able to influence senior stakeholders both internally and externally
• Tenacious and resilient, able to operate within a fast paced environment
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions