We are looking for someone who is passionate about pensions and already has at least 2 years experience in defined benefit administration. An individual who wants to improve their knowledge and understanding. Develop their skills to be able to provide support to the Team Leader in all aspects of managing the workflow and team for the Boots Pension Scheme.
About the role
We are an in-house pensions department who is seeking an experienced defined benefit pensions administrator, who has worked for either an in-house pension administrator and/or a third party administrator.
You will report to the defined benefit Team Leader within a team of 6 other pension administrators at varying levels. The team deals with all the aspects of pension scheme administration with approximately 23.5K deferred members and 30K pensioners in a fast pace atmosphere.
• Carrying out calculations in all scenarios of member events i.e. retirements, transfer outs and deaths.
• Collating responses to assess if further information or action is needed.
• Responding to members and taking action to improve the member experience.
• Updating member details via the Schemes UPM system and the ability to record all actions.
• Communicating to members and third parties via letter, telephone and email.
• Providing technical support to team members.
What you'll need to have
• Passionate about pensions administration
• A minimum of 2 years defined benefit pension administration experience
• Competent with IT systems
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills
• Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own work loads.
It would be great if you also have
• Experience of using UPM.
• PMI Qualification
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Generous staff discount including enhanced discounts on Boots brands and Boots Opticians
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
• Travel links including on campus bus stops, parking and close to train and tram links
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions