Boots Online Doctor is an online healthcare platform that connects patients with qualified medical professionals. We are looking for a DBA Engineer to join our team and focus on improving the customer-facing elements of the system.
Who we are
We believe healthcare should be convenient and accessible to all, which is why we have created Boots Digital Health - the business behind the Boots Online Doctor. Providing patients with online access to advice and treatment from medical experts, the Boots Online Doctor has fast become a market leader, but we’ve got ambitious plans and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. Boots Digital Health is an exciting place to be, offering the growth culture of a start-up with the scale and support of the 170 year old Boots brand. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. Join us and together we can change healthcare for the better through innovative technology and services to the UK and beyond. With you. We change for the better.
About the role
We’re looking for a DBA Engineer who has strong analytics abilities and a passion for data! This role will require someone who has experience of working in analytics, reporting, SQL, or data engineering to help support the key responsibilities of:
- Maintain & support management of the cloud platform – including data pipelines, transformation & load activity
- Develop data pipelines and p process automation in AWS and Azure (preferred not essential)
- Working closely with technical solution & project delivery teams to make Supply Chain data available to the wider business and external partners
- Document data requirements that address data sources, data provenance, data scope and data quality
- Profile large and complex data sets using SQL or other analytical tools to ensure they meet the requirements of our users
- Investigate the cause of data quality issues and initiate the most appropriate resolution
- Ensure data catalogues and mapping documents are up to date and accurate for use by wider teams in self-service analytics
- Contribute to data management forums to help establish and improve data standards and efficient ways of working
- Use best practice, standards and processes in all aspects of your work
- Have effective management, including planning, decision-making, and coordination, is crucial for ensuring smooth operations, while regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and preventive measures help to maintain system reliability and minimize downtime
What you’ll need to have
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Able to work in fast-paced environment and able to work collaboratively across multi-discipline teams
- Familiar with ETL, pipelines and data loading systems
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform products: Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate
- Data protection, security, and governance awareness
- Desirable to have Retail, Pharmacy, Supply Chain and Product data domain experience
- An understanding of conceptual, logical, and physical data modelling, data lineage/data flow mapping and data quality
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
Here are just some of the benefits and rewards you can expect -
- Generous discount on our own brands and partner businesses
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
For relevant roles, the following statement should also be included regarding pre-employment checks:
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
We are a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions