The Customs Manager will ensure that our responsibilities with HMRC and other relevant authorities are met. The role holder will maintain our AEO accreditation and drive our compliance strategy through ensuring our brokers, third party providers and internal teams are all set up to make customs declarations right first time and the correct amount of duty is paid to HMRC. The role is based in our Nottingham office on a hybrid basis.
Who we are
No7 Beauty Company is more than just one voice. In 2021 six brands - No7, Liz Earle, Soap & Glory, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin - joined forces and No7 Beauty Company was born. We believe in creating the best in beauty for everyone - we’re innovators with a passion for challenging perceptions with ground-breaking products, proven results and positive impact. We have built a reputation on scientific innovation, whilst being environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. No matter where you work in No7 Beauty Company, you’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self and we share a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. Join us and together we can achieve more. Find out more here.
About the role
Managing our Customs compliance, duty bill and AEO accreditations are a key part of our strategy for an optimal supply chain and quickly getting to grips with all the different ways we do things to see potential compliance risks or efficiencies will be essential. The role reports to the Head of Imports & Exports, supporting our UK entities, including No7 Beauty Company, Boots UK and International Retail.
The role holder will:
• Be part of the Imports & Exports Management team
• Line manage an Assistant Customs Manager
• Make sure we are meeting our Customs deadlines
• Optimise our duty bill through making sure we are classifying goods accurately
• Keep ahead of new Customs changes and transform them into tangible actions and process changes in the team
• Work closely with the Import & Export Operations Team to provide guidance and training on Customs policy
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you'll need to have
• Extensive Customs and international trade knowledge including interpreting legislation, classification, valuation, origin rules and import documents
• Experience of maintaining AEO accreditations across multiple entities
• Know how to manage customs audits (Internal and HMRC)
• Experience of UK and EU Customs tariffs and classification
• Experience of managing outsourced Customs brokers
• Clear and concise communication skills with the ability to adapt communication to all levels
• Management of Standard Operating Procedures and process guides
• Strong leadership and line management experience
It would be great if you also have
• An external network of contacts in the international trade industry
• Experience of SAP and duty management systems
• A detailed understanding of Incoterms and how to explain them to others
• An analytical mindset in order to identify patterns in customs data and root cause issues
• Experience with Customs Declarations Service (CDS)
• Knowledge of import processes and tariffs in non-UK markets
• Travel links including on campus bus stops, parking and close to train and tram links
• Generous discount on our own brands and partner businesses
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions