Healthcare Services Nurse
Job Reference: 204786BR
Healthcare Services Nurse
Are you a registered practising Nurse looking for a new opportunity? We’re looking for dedicated, patient-focused individuals to join our store teams and make a difference in the community in our newly established Healthcare Services Nurse position.
About the role
As a Healthcare Services Nurse, you’ll take on a key role as part of a multidisciplinary store team, providing Boots in-store healthcare services to our patients and offering holistic advice, whilst delivering exceptional patient-centred care. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside the Pharmacist to deliver the Boots Private in-store services: Travel, Immunisations and Vaccines, whilst offering holistic advice within that field.
- Working in collaboration with team members to support the safe and efficient operation of the healthcare business in your store, ensuring all legal and professional responsibilities are carried out in accordance with regulations such as: audit of practice, maintaining standards in service delivery, responding to feedback from patients and implementing changes to improve patient experience
- Upskilling on new healthcare services in line with future growth and development
- Gathering and documenting evidence to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of the Independent Medical Agency’s (IMA) registration with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Working with our Nurse Governance Manager to build relationships within the local community and to raise awareness to the services we offer
- Ensuring your store is CQC (or RQIA) inspection-ready at all times
- Driving continuous improvement in practice by proactively completing continued professional development
- An NMC-registered practising Nurse, with a minimum of 2 years post-registration experience
- Ability to build professional relationships with your store teams to shape service provision
- A strong clinical background with acute awareness of patient safety and provide evidence of a comprehensive understanding of the NMC Code of Conduct, ethics and performance
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to make sound judgements and balanced professional decision making
- Previous experience supporting high standards of professional practice
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan Pension Scheme (will match your contribution up to 12%!)
- NMC Nurse registration fees paid in full
- Generous employee discount, plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearing care
- 25 days plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Full training provided fully funded by Boots
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to an interview in the Boots store. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.