Buyer - Raw Materials
Job Reference: 204733BR
Global Sourcing - Raw Material/Ingredient Buyer
A fabulous opportunity to join the Global Sourcing team and be part of our exciting global expansion.
The position we are recruiting for will require someone with a broad skillset centred on commercial acumen. This knowledge will be ideally underpinned by practical understanding of a manufacturing supply base and dealing with strategically important suppliers.
All about this role…
Reporting to the Buying Manager, you will:
• Manage supplier relationships, performance and risk
• Develop supplier and commodity strategies
• Deliver cost effective and innovative ingredients for use in our consumer brands and own-brand products in conjunction with our formulation development colleagues.
• Identify and deliver cost reduction & risk reduction initiatives
• Assist in the negotiation of contracts and agreements
• Track and predict commodity price movements
• Assist in the development of global supply chains to support our international growth plans.
• Gather and analyse data to provide sourcing recommendations to support global manufacturing strategies
What we are looking for…
• High level of commercial acumen.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Experience of cross functional working with excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Some knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices would be an advantage.
• Ideally ‘degree’ level education
A bit about us…
At Walgreens Boots Alliance – Global Sourcing, we believe in being PIONEERING, INSPIRATIONAL and CONNECTING with people. Our market leading brands such as No7, Liz Earle, Soap&Glory and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions all over the world. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do using real time insights to activate brands and products on a global scale. With a passionate and innovative approach to Beauty and Healthcare, we are shaping the future of health and wellbeing for everyone. We are part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores globally, helping people live happier and healthier lives.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary & annual discretionary bonus plan
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Generous staff discount scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym and Canteen
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact email@example.com.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please click here
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.