Database Lead - Boots Opticians
Job Reference: 204569BR
The Database Lead role sits within the Opticians Data team, working with and reporting to the Data Governance Manager.
The role is integral in leading and supporting the operational management of customer data and product data through every touchpoint in the customer journey, ensuring data is healthy, accurate and up to date. It helps ensure that our data, data systems and processes are GDPR compliant and data breadth, customer profile density and data quality is sufficient to enable the smooth running of our CRM programme.
About the role:
• Support implementation of governance policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and robust data processes
• Driving consistently high standards in our data from input in store through to end user use including the customer recall process by ensuring processes are followed, systems changes are implemented correctly and the importance of data is understood across the business
• Representative in any business projects or initiatives that will have an impact on customer or master data
• Supporting the delivery of data action plans which will in turn drive the future data strategy within Opticians, linking in with the wider Boots UK business to determine how we collect and use data in an efficient and compliant way
• Knowledge of Opticians data landscape (desirable)
• Ability to work cross-functionally to influence, challenge and align stakeholders around a common agenda
• Knowledge and preferably experience working within Data protection or Data governance within a health care setting
• Highly resilient, creative thinker to help find solutions to problems
• Strong attention to detail
• Thorough understanding of Data Protection documentation I.E ROPA’s
• A desire to understand the how behind data capture in store
• Adept at dealing with ambiguity and problem solving with high attention to detail
• Strong communication and facilitation skills to work cross functionally and through other teams (I.E working with IT)
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.