Digital Front-end Development Lead
Job Reference: 204265BR
Welcome to the Boots Digital team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
- Develop and enable front-end development solutions for Boots.com UK and ROI sites
- Deliver innovative solutions for marketing campaign and trading projects
- Build and maintain high performing components across the site
- Report back on how components are performing through Google Analytics
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to embed and integrate into page production
- Ensure solutions are in line with our digital style guide and the Boots brand, and fully integrated with marketing campaigns
Our ideal candidate
- Minimum of 3-5 years commercial experience, ideally within high-traffic, ecommerce websites
- Must have experience with schema markup and building web applications
- Working knowledge of the latest web standards + accessibility, and browser / device support + page performance
- Experience with working in a variety of different CMS systems and Google Tag Manager/Analytics
- Proficient in problem solving, bug fixing and being able to spot potential issues in advance
- High attention to detail with the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Why join the Boots Digital Experience Team?
Being at the heart of Boots’ online proposition, you will have the opportunity to work with numerous stakeholders and industry experts across the business. You will develop expertise in the end to end digital journey, building excellent foundations for career progression. The team you will work with are hard-working, innovative and supportive, creating an environment where successes are celebrated, and boundaries are pushed. Every day is different, with a wide variety of projects from Boots Health Hub to on-site beauty tools coming through the Digital Experience team – and we care about creating opportunities for everyone. With digital becoming a more important part of the business than ever, this is the time to join the team and create a real difference on our sites.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.