Engineering Shift Lead
Job Reference: 204201BR
Store Service Centre, Nottingham
Engineering Shift Leader
To lead a team of 6 multi skilled engineers providing a full Planned Preventative Maintenance, breakdown response, repair and continuous improvement function to all Logistics Warehousing facilities. These include but not limited to automated pallet and tote box cranes, lifts, transfer cars and an extensive network of conveyor systems.
The shift pattern is 3-2-2, 12 hour rotating days/nights (often known as a ‘panama’ shift pattern), working across Monday-Sunday.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Reporting into a maintenance manager job holder will lead a 6 man team providing engineering cover across multiple (linked) automated logistics facilities
• To be accountable for providing a full Planned Preventative Maintenance, breakdown response, repair and continuous improvement function to all Logistics Warehousing facilities
• Working largely unsupervised, The Job Holder is directly accountable for ensuring all Materials Handling Equipment and facilities achieve availability expectations to aid the warehouse deliver the optimum service at the optimum cost.
• To use expertise, experience and professionalism to make strong well informed decisions to prioritise tasks , always striving to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
• The job holder works within the Engineering team and works collaboratively with the Engineering Management, Improvement Engineers, first line fixer Managers, Control Room and Operational teams.
• Work will be within the guidelines and constraints of all company, legislative and safety criteria.
• Continue to drive the warehouse on our No1 for Customer Care journey
• Ensuring all Preventive Maintenance, Inspections & repairs are completed within set deadlines
• Ensure world class standards in the warehouse (Security, Health and Safety, Regulatory compliance & Housekeeping)
• Development of strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure service is meeting expectations and ensuring the engineering team is providing world class standards of service to our customers.
• Ensures the completion of accurate shift / breakdown reports. Raise CI initiatives to improve equipment availability.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
• Ability to promote innovation across all working areas.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar electro/mechanical engineering field.
• Time served apprentice with a minimum Level 3 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Ability to work at height
• Right first time approach to all works, striving to work efficiently with a strong desire for quality and pro-activeness.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an advantage: Automation, risk assessments, continuous improvements, maintenance planning, Microsoft office
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
Closing Date: 31st May 2023
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.