The hourly rate for this role is £11.64 and up to £12.88 across selected locations within London.
The importance of your role.
Fantastic customer care is at the heart of everything we do, and as a Relief Pharmacy Dispenser you’ll be part of helping customers and patients feel good. It’s everything from the clear advice and care you offer them, to the wide ranges of services we provide.
This is a great opportunity to develop your pharmacy career and make a difference to the lives of our patients.
How will you do it?
With different types of pharmacies all over the UK, we’re giving patients the very best care and attention with the services we offer. You will be providing healthy lifestyle advice and health services to our patients across a number of store locations. You’ll do this through great conversations as well as delivering the technical aspects of supplying medicines.
This is often a fast paced environment, and you will interact with many different people, and will be a core member of the pharmacy and healthcare team.
What you’ll be doing day to day.
It’s all about providing health advice through focussed conversations with our patients, whilst giving clear and accurate answers and advice.
Your duties will include:
- Tailoring conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs.
- Delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
- Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
- Seeking opportunities to engage with GPs and practice teams to promote services and items.
- Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised.
What you’ll need to have.
We’re offering you an exciting career opportunity and a chance to continue your professional journey. You will need to have an NVQ Level 2 in Pharmacy Services to join us.
But it isn’t just about experience or knowledge, we’re looking for people with a genuine passion for customer care, and who will be ambassadors for healthcare in our stores.
You will have the ability to build strong relationships with patients and your team, and will be able to understand individual customer needs and tailor your support and advice appropriately.
To work across our pharmacy and healthcare area you also need to have a Medicines Counter Assistant (NVQ2) qualification or equivalent. However, if you have not previously completed this, we’ll support your development to complete this training when you start with us.
If you are interested in further developing your professional career, we can support you towards achieving both competency and knowledge based NVQ Level 3 (QCF) qualification in Pharmacy Services to become eligible to register with the GPHC as a Pharmacy Technician. This could then lead to an Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) role. As you continue to develop your healthcare knowledge through these qualifications and roles, your pay and benefits will reflect this.
Excitingly, this is just one of several routes your career could take you within Boots!
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check in certain locations. Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.