Job Reference: 203935BR
BASED AT BOOTS DISPENSING SUPPORT PHARMACY (DSP) - PRESTON
FULL TIME - 40 HOURS PER WEEK
This is a prime developmental role, ideal for those who have a desire to work in an innovative environment and who are great at building relationships. This is your opportunity to work in a fundamental role within our business that will give you unique skill sets and important experience, including quality and compliance of orders that are distributed to currently over 530+ Stores. Working in a fast-paced warehouse environment the operation is efficient, modern and supported by automation and technology. Reporting directly into the Lead Pharmacist you will be part of a team of pharmacy experts, including 4 Pharmacists and 4 ACPTs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Boots Dispensing Support Pharmacy (DSP) provides an efficient and unique dispensing support service for Boots stores to ensure that patients receive the right medicines, on time, and help store colleagues provide complete care to their customers. Patient safety is at the heart of everything we do and as such there is a requirement for high standards of compliance with operating procedures and for order and quality.
You’ll lead the delivery of an excellent pharmacy operations and governance platform, helping to resolve DSP pharmacy operations and professional standards issues, working in partnership with the DSP leadership, pharmacy and operations team to ensure all relevant issues are resolved and/or escalated.
Your working rota will be fixed with a mixture of the following shift patterns:
Monday to Saturday - 6am to 2pm, 10am to 6pm and 2pm to 10pm.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• A supporting and challenging partner to the DSP team, responsible for quality and compliance and professional standards.
• Analyses operational and performance indicators (e.g. DSP KPIs, Operational Guides, Patient Safety Review and Weekly Clinical Governance checklist) to adopt a risk-based approach to pharmacy standards thereby improving the operational and governance platforms.
• Leads the investigation of dispensing incidents, whilst supporting our people, and professional and operational practice. Providing advice and guidance with the follow up of any remedial actions to restore the required operational and governance platform, linking in with the CPO as appropriate. Ensuring all clinical and quality incidents are correctly investigated and recorded by following procedures which are in line with audit and risk management.
• Demonstrates passion for operational excellence and creates a climate where we don’t walk past less than the best in our standards across DSP with a requisite focus on our complex area of the business
• Leads the pharmacy operations and clinical governance agenda with pace, working to remove complexity and enabling simplicity to deliver exceptional patient centred care.
• Coach, develop and inspire pharmacists, ACPTs and colleagues to develop their capability and embed best practice through support and challenge
• Lead a safety-first culture by ensuring patient safety and H&S standards are adhered to and reviewed appropriately.
• Works in collaboration with the DSP leadership team to ensure adherence to the continuous improvement agenda in relation to the clinical and quality agenda.
• Builds powerful relationships across the business, inspiring and influencing others to create the best pharmacy experience for customers.
• Accountable for the escalation process in the event of an incident via D90 team to the business.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
• Registered Pharmacist with high credibility internally and externally.
• Experience of community pharmacy in a large multiple, preferably with a pharmacy operations/clinical governance focus.
• Sound commercial awareness and line management experience of stores.
• Excellent communicator (verbally and written), with remote leadership capability.
• Demonstrates a sound understanding of our store team capability requirements needed to meet those of the local healthcare environment.
• Has completed and has understanding of relevant mandatory training e.g. information governance, safeguarding training and WBA Clinical Services policy.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
Closing Date: 30th April 2023
We're always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.