Job Reference: 203864BR
As an Assistant Manager you’ll inspire and lead your team, use your passion and strategic thinking to drive the business forward and help us change for the better. With opportunities to progress your career in beauty, healthcare and opticians, our brilliant training teams will ensure you have all the tools you need to succeed in your current role and beyond.About the role
- You will lead, challenge and inspire your team to deliver business growth by providing exceptional care to our customers and patients
- Drive passion and energy in your team to deliver on sales and service targets, always keeping a firm eye on costs and profitability, and ensuing continuous improvement where possible
- Deliver a sustainable and efficient retail and pharmacy operating platform in your store to ensure stock availability, control costs, minimise loss and meet our customers’ expectations
- Accountability for cash accounting compliance within your department and that all related polices are implemented and upheld
- Support the store succession plan by developing talent for your store and key roles within the region
- Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
What you’ll need to have:
- Confident leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop others
- Excellent communication skills, and able to act as a brand ambassador for Boots throughout your store and region
- A strong understanding of how to lead and deliver a company strategy, with the ability to implement in store to drive strong performance results
- Ability to work at pace and react to the changing needs of the customer
- A collaborative personality and able to thrive in a team centred approach
- A passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development
It would be great if you also have
- Confidence with navigating and embracing new technology
- Experience working in a similar role at a large retailer (not essential)
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous staff discount
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, Click Here
If you’re application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours.
If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check. Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.