Pharmacy and Delivery Collection Manager
Pharmacy and Delivery Collection Manager – Reading & Swindon
To lead their drivers to provide Boots legendary customer care whilst ensuring that they meet tight deadlines & cost targets. Driving great relationships while enhancing the lives of thousands of patients we care for.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working across Reading & Swindon with hubs in Swindon, Reading, Oxford and Maidenhead. Controlling your team of drivers and ensuring standards are high. Working within the West & Wales region, alongside 10 other dedicated Managers. You will have a coordinator working with you and service over c100 Boots stores.
- Build great relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to all standards & policies e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety while Acting as an Ambassador for Boots & PDC always.
- Lead a team of PDC drivers – typically 20 – 50 heads. Also manages Team Coordinator
- Motivate, develop & coach drivers, setting performance standards & holding individuals to account against these
- Deliver outstanding customer care across all PDC customers. Drive the service to be flexible, agile & reliable.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- The role requires a full driving licence with less than 6 points
- The role is subject to a satisfactory DBS check
- Good people management skills with an ability to effectively influence a team who work remotely. Need to balance good communication skills with an ability to engage & motivate & where necessary hold to account
- Ability to build constructive & productive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Solid Planning & Organising skills, good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure, manage competing demands & respond quickly & calmly in a crisis
- Able to demonstrate a real commitment to customer care & that this is a fundamental driver in their thinking
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience dealing with performance management
- Experience with multi-site management
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.