Job Reference: 201924BR
Full time and part time opportunities available
We are looking for Pharmacists to join our expanding Pharmacy Supply Chain Team. These are rare Pharmacist opportunities allowing you to work in non-customer facing fast paced and innovative Pharmacy Supply Chain operations. You’ll be part of a team responsible for overseeing the safe dispensing and dispatch of orders placed via our new and exciting Online Doctor Services as well as supporting our internal stock transfer and vaccine supply programme which supports our stores. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in an operational and professional compliance role, ensuring patient safety across our Pharmacy Supply Chain operations.
You’ll be working alongside a team of other Pharmacists, currently covering 40 hours over a 4 day working week covering a shift pattern that includes working one in three Saturdays and Sundays. Flexibility with your working pattern is required - our current operating hours are between Mon-Fri 7am-6pm, Sat and Sun 8am-4pm (subject to change if demand increases). We always welcome part time applications for our roles.
We have full time and part time roles available.
ABOUT THE ROLE
From continuing your professional development in our Pharmacy Supply Chain or progressing into our Support Office, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of our Pharmacy Supply Chain Teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
- Working with our Chief Pharmacist Office to work inline with current SOPs, clinical governance guidelines and manage patient safety reviews
- Working with our Pharmacy Advisors to tutor their development
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional pharmacy experience
- Have a passion for providing the best care for our customers
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
- Experience of working in pharmacy in an industrial/manufacturing setting would be beneficial but is by no means essential
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We recognise that we already have many great Pharmacists in our business who may have friends or family in the profession, looking for opportunities. We are offering a refer a friend fee of £500 to any of our current employees who introduce a successful candidate for this role. T&Cs apply.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.