Local Marketing Specialist - Boots Opticians
12 month fixed term contract
Overview of the role and our Team:
Want to see your work on billboards, bus stops and big screens?
We have a great opportunity for you to help Boots Opticians in driving localised customer demand. You’ll be our Local Marketing Specialist - you’ll support our store refit programme and Franchise partners with local advertising, Marketing and PR, building relationships with local partners to unlock advertising opportunities.
About the role:
You’ll work as part of the Boots Opticians Marketing Team – an exciting, award-winning team that likes to have fun and get things done.
At the heart of Boots Opticians growth plans, we help our customers to See What’s Possible, working with exciting fashion brands and partnering with leading marketing agencies.
• Oversee the local store marketing activation within budget and to timelines
• Work cross-functionally with Retail, Marketing, Trading, Property, Franchise, Finance to ensure all activity is legally sound and reflective of the Trading priorities and representing the priority messaging and objectives.
• Support and advise on optimising marketing opportunities on a local level (e.g. banners, local press and PR, flyering, digital screens, local business partnerships) by building relationships with key community/town centre stakeholders and activating the activity as required.
• Responsible for working with print agency to produce and activate local marketing materials with support from central marketing team
• Responsible for enabling store managers to execute national marketing programs effectively on a local level
• Ensure the marketing basics are being optimised in all stores
• Support central marketing team with gathering information required to deliver PR activity, create localized marketing assets and measure effectiveness of local marketing activity.
• A passion for marketing with relevant marketing qualifications desired
• Ability to build relationships and network
• Ability to work at pace, adjusting to the needs of the business, to meet deadlines
• Self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and make things happen off your own back
• Motivated, challenges the norm with a ‘can do’ attitude and customer first mindset. Wants to explore fresh ideas
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.