Social Media Assistant - Boots Opticians
12 month fixed term contract
Overview of the role and our Team:
Do you love social media? Do you work in social and content creation already and want to work for a big brand? Do you love social in your personal time, but want to do it as a job? We have a great opportunity to support the launch, content creation and management of Boots Opticians’ new social media channels.
You’ll be our Social Media Assistant – a critical role in our newly formed team. You’ll be responsible for community engagement, responding and encouraging conversation from our engaged audience across TikTok, Instagram & Facebook channels – all with the aim of growing our following and engagement.
You’ll be on the hunt for new social trends, sounds, creators, and platform changes that will feed into the content plan. You’ll support the Social Media Specialist on creation of posts, reels, videos across including capturing content natively & writing post copy. You’ll be curious about what works on the various platforms and conduct KPI reporting and social listening – as engagement is key to success.
About the role:
You’ll work as part of the Boots Opticians Marketing team - an exciting, award-winning team that likes to have fun and get things done.
At the heart of Boots Opticians growth plans, we help our customers to See What’s Possible, working with exciting fashion brands and educating customers on the importance of looking after their eye health.
• Support the launch of new social media channels across TikTok, Instagram and Facebook with the aim of growing followers and engagement
• Community management - positively engaging with community comments, encouraging conversation and interaction, alongside our servicing team members
• Assist with content creation and copywriting and use relevant tools for production support e.g. Canva
• Feed into the content plan for each channel including new trends – both what’s culturally relevant for the community and interesting brand topics we want to share with the community – in the brand tone of voice
• Create and schedule posts via Sprinklr
• Coordinate content support with team members internally, internal and external agencies, the platforms and directly with content creators
• Deliver KPI reporting & social listening reporting
• Travel to stores, events, shoots to capture content & on occasion, cover out of hours social media activity
• A social media enthusiast with previous experience in creating and scheduling content and community engagement for social media channels, either as a creator yourself or for another brand – or both!
• Keeps up to date with the trends and updates on social channels, and knows good content aesthetic and captivating copy
• Curious about social insights and how to create high performing content
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and working on reactive projects and tasks
• Good attention to detail and likes to think outside the box, with a proactive attitude
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.