Digital Services Assistant
1 x FTC / Secondment
The Digital Services Team are responsible for leading a wide range of operational & business processes across our UK and ROI digital platforms, ensuring that they operate effectively, deliver value and always enhance the customer experience.
We have a new opportunity to join our team and learn skills across our two main teams; Digital Product Setup and Digital Promotions & Events. This is an exciting chance to join our Digital first team and learn how our products, promotions, new brands and big events are operationally planned, set up, tested and implemented online.
About the role:
• Chance to become an expert in our Digital systems which launches and maintains our products and promotions online. Depending on wider team requirements, you may have opportunity & be asked to support the wider Digital team on ad hoc projects
• Be one of the first to learn ways of working in both areas and help shape the development plan for future team members
• Accurately document, track, set up, test and publish promotions or products required to the appropriate timings & standards, having completed self & colleague checks to ensure this. This is an extensive part of the role so suited to some who thrives on this type of task.
• Tasks could range from testing and signing off promotions due to go live on site, ensuring they work as briefed, that there are no technical nuances and work commercially correct especially when on multiple deals, through to liaising with our suppliers to obtain the correct copy, product attributes & imagery then accurately implementing this on site, optimised to show to the customer and colleagues in the best possible & clear way.
• You will need to ensure that the relevant requesters, trackers & managers are updated accurately and reported, to effectively communicate when tasks are completed or share detailed progress & then pass this on to others if required.
• Able to build relationships quickly within the Digital Services team and externally with all the key teams who we support and are a team player, finishing the day as one team than an individual
• Have an inquiring mind, be curious on the ‘why’ to understand cause/effect of processes, be pragmatic and take ownership for their work
• Grow knowledge quickly, open with their competence & development, learn from mistakes and apply training. Be confident in reaching out to peers for any support required and able to adhere to documented standard operating procedures according to whichever team you are supporting
• Can deal with multiple priorities especially with working across multiple teams and ensure relevant tasks are completed to time and accuracy expectation. Able to switch between activities effectively keeping logical track of where you are and able to pivot to something else when required
• Able to challenge colleagues and briefing teams to ensure the set deadline is met or effectively escalated to uphold customer experience and commercial agreements
• Must be confident in using the Microsoft suite, specifically excel, and have the skill to manipulate data to spot errors or get to an answer efficiently, calling out any accurate data-based insights where appropriate and sharing them
• Optimisation led, with SEO experience and experience of being a champion for customer is preferable
• Flexible to meet the testing and sign off timings required before peak traffic times / days online as highlighted below
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.